Rural Forward Uncovers Additional Assistance For Struggling Businesses
Rural Forward North Carolina has been digging to find other funding and assistance options for our small businesses struggling to stay afloat. Aside from the federal assistance provided through the EIDL and PPP monies, RFNC has come up with this list that offers grants, free legal services, and more.
- GRANT: NC Local News Lab Fund Grant. “General operating grants of up to $30,000 to 501c3 public charity non-profit entities that serve North Carolina residents and their rapidly evolving information needs. General operating grants will provide organizations the flexibility they need to respond to the needs of their communities at this moment.” https://ncgrantmakers.org/News/Apply-Now-for-North-Carolina-COVID-19-news-and-inf. Questions? email@example.com.
- GRANT: NCHF COVID-19 Fill the Gap Response Fund. “To support efforts to intentionally address health disparities worsened by the COVID-19 crisis.” https://www.ncha.org/fill-the-gap-fund/. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LOAN: NC COVID-19 Rapid Recovery Loan Program. Additional funding appropriated by NC General Assembly. https://www.goldenleaf.org/news/golden-leaf-receives-125m-in-funding-to-support-nc-covid-19-rapid-recovery-loan-program/.
- WEBINARS: Navigating Federal Funding Related to COVID-19. Our partners at the NC Center for Nonprofits have opened up their membership services in this difficult time. Learn about the FEMA reimbursement process, CARES Act, and Paycheck Protection Program. SEE BELOW.
- FREE LEGAL SERVICES: Our partners at the NC Pro Bono Resource Center have launched a new initiative to “help small businesses and nonprofits with their legal needs that have arisen due to COVID-19.” SEE ATTACHED. Questions? email@example.com.
- INTERNS: “Representatives from state government and higher education are discussing the possibility of collaborating to arrange and match internships for college/university students to support organizations with COVID-19 response and other efforts. Responses to this brief survey will help gauge the level and type of interest in connecting you to an intern for the summer.” Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GOOD NEWS: FEMA is publishing stories of community innovation. https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/187266.
- HURRICANE FLORENCE LEGAL NEEDS: Legal Aid NC can provide free legal services to low-income survivors dealing with ReBuildNC, contractor scams, insurance disputes, landlord/tenant issues, FEMA trailers, and heir property issues. SEE ATTACHED.