NC RURAL CENTER ROLLS OUT NEW AID
The North Carolina Rural Center has a few grant and loan opportunities for nonprofit organizations, small businesses, and vulnerable worker populations. The link below shows a full list of resources and opportunities:
Paycheck Protection Program applications open TODAY, APRIL 3. Federal forgivable loan program to small businesses to pay their employees during the COVID-19 crisis. Loans will be forgiven if “(1) The loan proceeds are used to cover payroll costs, and most mortgage interest, rent, and utility costs over the 8 week period after the loan is made; and (2) employee and compensation levels are maintained.” Details: https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP%20Borrower%20Information%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf. Apply through your bank.
- Day One Disaster Relief. Microgrants to individuals for loss of income as a result of businesses closing. Rapid Response to COVID-19 in NC.
- NC Artist Relief Fund. Apply for funds.
- Livestock and poultry farmers. https://foodanimalconcernstrust.org/minigrants
- Migrant farmworkers. https://hipgive.org/project/farmworkers-covid-19-pandemic-relief-fund/
Service, restaurant, and hospitality industry workers.
- Service Industry Workers Advocates of North Carolina Inc. (SIWANC).
- NC Restaurant Workers Relief Fund.
- Restaurant Employee Relief Fund
- Bartender Emergency Assistance Program.
- Restaurant Opportunity Centers Disaster Relief Fund
- James Beard Foundation: Food and Beverage Industry Relief Fund
- Another Round Another Rally
Thanks to our friends at NC Center for Nonprofits and Resourceful Communities for the tips! If you find a resource for historically underserved or marginalized communities, please let the NC Rural Center know.
Andrew Loeb Shoenig
Rural Forward NC | NC Inclusive Disaster Recovery Network
Foundation for Health Leadership & Innovation
919-766-6519 | firstname.lastname@example.org