Chamber of Commerce Seeking Visitor Center Volunteers
The McDowell Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking local volunteers that are knowledgeable about the area or willing to learn to staff the Visitor Center located at 1170 W. Tate Street in Marion. Customer service or retail experience a plus but not required for the right candidates.
We need friendly, helpful, professional volunteers to help the more than 15,000 visitors and residents that rely on the Visitor Center for information, directions, recommendations and more. If you love helping people, are familiar with McDowell County, and feel you would make a great ambassador for our county, this position is for you.
- Greet visitors and guests professionally and assist in their needs from directions to recommendations from our member information.
- Assist in sales of retail store, work cash register ring up customer sales and promote merchants.
- Restocking of member materials when needed and keeping the visitor center tidy.
- Keep track of visitor count each shift.
- Price merchandise and stock when needed.
Monday through Friday
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
To apply please contact Dee Koegel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828.652.4240.