Respite Residential Coach - Marion
Location: Marion, NC
Position Type: Full Time
A Caring Alternative, LLC (ACA) is a well-established comprehensive care agency providing behavioral health and substance use disorder services to adults, adolescents, and children in Western North Carolina. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.caringalternative.com.
Why apply at A Caring Alternative?
We celebrate diversity, so bring YOU! We want you to be proud and comfortable to bring your true self and we strive to enhance the value of our work through respectful curiosity of one another’s culture.
Competitive Payrates! We offer a competitive rate of pay. Work related mileage is paid tax free.
Strong Core Values! Join our values-based, family-owned company with a culture that we care. Our strong core values include promotion and position changes for your career development. We practice a feedback module and open-door policy.
Flexibility! We work in a team environment and promote flexibility.
Training! Solid training is provided & paid by the company.
Benefits! We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees.
- 401(k) & Roth retirement plan and 401(k) matching
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off accrual begins upon hire, 100 hours first year
- Major medical, dental & vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Short term & long-term insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
As a Residential Coach, you will provide emotional, physical and daily living care for youths (ages 5-18) with behavioral health needs in a center-based respite home. Must be kind, patient, reliable and dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of children. Experience is helpful, but we will train the right candidate.
This role requires documenting the day-to-day functioning of the child, provides support based on identified goals of the child, and teaching/reinforcing daily living and relationship skills. Must have a strong desire to work with children and adolescents, patience, and the ability to work as part of a team.
Job Duties include:
- Work as a member of a team alongside other Residential Coaches to oversee and ensure the safety and overall wellness of individuals residing within the home
- Maintain and utilize the home and other company property entrusted to your care, custody, or control to assure the safety and extend the item’s useful life.
- Interact with and plan activities around consumers including educational and recreational activities
- Follow all policies as it pertains to medication including but not limited to administration, packaging, labeling, disposal, and storage
- Teaching and reinforcing daily living and relationship skills
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Applicants need to be a minimum of 21 years old
- 1 year of behavioral health experience is preferred
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Disinfecting and cleaning procedures in place
A Caring Alternative, LLC is a CARF accredited service provider with facilities in Asheville, Hickory, Marion, and Morganton, NC. A Caring Alternative, LLC is CABHA certified and a Trauma Informed Agency. We provide an array of services to Alexander, Buncombe, Burke, Catawba, Caldwell, Iredell, McDowell, and Mitchell counties which consist of Assertive Community Treatment Team, Community Support Team, Day Treatment, Integrated Care, Intensive In-Home, Medication Management, Outpatient Therapy, and Therapeutic Foster Care.
We are an equal opportunity employer.