Peer Support Specialist for Transition Management Services
Apply Here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=19063&clientkey=B781309A1AE4CA803C989D49453C586D
Location: Morganton, NC
Position type : Full time
A Caring Alternative, LLC (ACA) is a well-established comprehensive care agency providing behavioral health and substance use disorder services to adults, adolescents, and children in Western North Carolina.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.caringalternative.com.
Why apply at A Caring Alternative?
- We celebrate diversity, so bring YOU! We want you to be proud and comfortable to bring your true self and we strive to enhance the value of our work through respectful curiosity of one another’s culture.
- Competitive Payrates! We offer a competitive rate of pay. Work related mileage is paid tax free.
- Pride in Your Work! You can join an organization that seeks to set the standard for quality support services for people with mental illness. We hope you will find satisfaction and take pride in your work here.
- Strong Core Values! Join our values-based, family-owned company with a culture that we care.
- Grow! Our strong core values include promotion and position changes for your career development.
- Flexibility! We work in a team environment and promote flexibility.
- Training! Solid training is provided & paid by the company.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees.
- 401(k) & Roth retirement plan
- 401(k) matching
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off accrual begins upon hire, 100 hours first year
- Major medical, dental & vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Short term & long-term insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Transition Management is a rehabilitation service intended to increase and restore an individual’s ability to live successfully in the community by maintaining tenancy. TMS focuses on increasing the individual’s ability to live as independently as possible, managing the illness, and reestablishing his or her community roles related to the following life domains: emotional, social, safety, housing, medical and health, educational, vocational, and legal.
Job Duties include:
- Assist individuals in obtaining safe, decent, and affordable housing that follows his or her preferences in level of independence and location, consistent with an evidence based Supportive Housing model.
- Apply for housing subsidies and housing programs.
- Assist the individual in developing amicable relationships with local landlords.
- Assist with the housing application and search process including locating available rental units, identifying landlord partners, completing applications, identifying resources to cover application fees, completing applications for eligible housing programs, and transporting the individual during the housing search process.
- Assist in arranging for and supporting the details of the move such as utility connection, purchase housing items to set up apartment (bedroom, kitchen, living room, bathroom), and arrange transportation to move items to apartment.
- Assist the individual to improve ability to budget his or her money and pay bills.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Peer Support Specialist in NC
- Must have two (2) year of adult behavioral health experience working with individuals with mental health or substance use disorders and have the knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the population and age to be served
Resume must include degree earned (major & minor), graduation month & year, relevant employment dates including month and year, and populations served.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines
- Disinfecting and cleaning procedures in place
To keep our employees safe, we offer flexible worksites and work hours. Many contacts with clients are virtual. Masks, gloves and hand sanitation products are provided.
A Caring Alternative, LLC is a CARF accredited service provider with facilities in Asheville, Hickory, Marion, and Morganton, NC. A Caring Alternative, LLC is CABHA certified and a Trauma Informed Agency. We provide an array of services to Alexander, Buncombe, Burke, Catawba, Caldwell, Iredell, McDowell, and Mitchell counties which consist of Assertive Community Treatment Team, Community Support Team, Day Treatment, Integrated Care, Intensive In-Home, Medication Management, Outpatient Therapy, and Therapeutic Foster Care.
We are an equal opportunity employer.