MEDICAL RECORDS COORDINATOR - Marion
ob Location: Marion
Position Type: Full time
A Caring Alternative, LLC (ACA) is a well-established comprehensive care agency providing behavioral health and substance use disorder services to adults, adolescents, and children in Western North Carolina.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.caringalternative.com.
Why apply at A Caring Alternative?
- We celebrate diversity, so bring YOU! We want you to be proud and comfortable to bring your true self and we strive to enhance the value of our work through respectful curiosity of one another’s culture.
- Competitive Payrates! We offer a competitive rate of pay. Work related mileage is paid tax free.
- Pride in Your Work! You can join an organization that seeks to set the standard for quality support services for people with mental illness. We hope you will find satisfaction and take pride in your work here.
- Strong Core Values! Join our values-based, family-owned company with a culture that we care.
- Grow! Our strong core values include promotion and position changes for your career development.
- Clinical Supervision! Supervision is available for clinical licensure.
- Flexibility! We work in a team environment and promote flexibility.
- Training! Solid training is provided & paid by the company.
- Benefits! We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees.
- 401(k) & Roth retirement plan
- 401(k) matching
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off accrual begins upon hire, 100 hours first year
- Major medical, dental & vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Short term & long-term insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
The Medical Records Coordinator makes certain that consumer data is being compiled, updated, and organized accurately in compliance with regulations. In addition to this the Medical Records Coordinator also works with the front desk staff with scheduling appointments.
Job Duties include:
- Take incoming calls regarding referrals
- Scan, label, upload, and distribute information to the appropriate person(s) in a timely manner
- Track authorizations
- Verify units authorized and dates
- Assist with discharges, transitions, and admissions
- Maintain an accurate account of authorized and used hours of service
- Verify Medicaid eligibility as required
- Provide follow-up calls to clients to remind them of scheduled appointments in a timely manner or as needed
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ healthcare experience in a physician office or outpatient setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Healthcare Management, or Business.
- 1-2 years’ experience with Microsoft applications.
A Caring Alternative, LLC is a CARF accredited service provider with facilities in Asheville, Hickory, Marion, and Morganton, NC. A Caring Alternative, LLC is CABHA certified and a Trauma Informed Agency. We provide an array of services to Alexander, Buncombe, Burke, Catawba, Caldwell, Iredell, McDowell, and Mitchell counties which consist of Assertive Community Treatment Team, Community Support Team, Day Treatment, Integrated Care, Intensive In-Home, Medication Management, Outpatient Therapy, and Therapeutic Foster Care.
We are an equal opportunity employer.