Individual Support Specialist for Boone area
Location: Boone area plus Watauga, Wilkes and Avery counties in NC
Status: Full time
A Caring Alternative, LLC (ACA) is a well-established comprehensive care agency providing behavioral health and substance use disorder services to adults, adolescents, and children in Western North Carolina.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.caringalternative.com.
Why apply at A Caring Alternative?
- We celebrate diversity, so bring YOU! We want you to be proud and comfortable to bring your true self and we strive to enhance the value of our work through respectful curiosity of one another’s culture.
- Competitive Payrates! We offer a competitive rate of pay. Work related mileage is paid tax free.
- Pride in Your Work! You can join an organization that seeks to set the standard for quality support services for people with mental illness. We hope you will find satisfaction and take pride in your work here.
- Strong Core Values! Join our values-based, family-owned company with a culture that we care.
- Grow! Our strong core values include promotion and position changes for your career development.
- Flexibility! We work in a team environment and promote flexibility.
- Training! Solid training is provided & paid by the company.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees.
- 401(k) & Roth retirement plan
- 401(k) matching
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off accrual begins upon hire, 100 hours first year
- Major medical, dental & vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Short term & long-term insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
This position works as a member of a team dedicated to the development and individual growth of consumers within the community. Individual Support Specialists work one-on-one with adults who have serious and persistent mental illness to provide assistance with everyday activities in order to live independently in the community.
Job Duties include:
- Providing training and assistance with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living which include preparing meals, managing money, shopping for household necessities, using the telephone, housecleaning, and laundry
- Transporting individuals to access community resources and medication management
- Demonstrate the ability to manage an assigned caseload and meet the direct care billable productivity expectations of the organization
- Provide marketing and outreach to community organizations and other referral sources
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with adult mental health population.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines
- Disinfecting and cleaning procedures in place
To keep our employees safe, we offer flexible worksites and work hours. Masks, gloves and hand sanitation products are provided.
A Caring Alternative, LLC is a CARF accredited service provider with facilities in Asheville, Hickory, Marion, and Morganton, NC. A Caring Alternative, LLC is CABHA certified and a Trauma Informed Agency. We provide an array of services to Alexander, Buncombe, Burke, Catawba, Caldwell, Iredell, McDowell, and Mitchell counties which consist of Assertive Community Treatment Team, Community Support Team, Day Treatment, Integrated Care, Intensive In-Home, Medication Management, Outpatient Therapy, and Therapeutic Foster Care.
We are an equal opportunity employer.