POSTING DATE: 11/4/2022
CLOSING DATE: 11/28/2022, 5:00 p.m.
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, SHRA, 12-month, FLSA non-exempt
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $58,576 - $65,084
NCSSM and the Information Technology Services department foster an environment of collaboration across departments and divisions and support community-engaged service and research. NCSSM is proud of the diversity of its student body and we seek to attract an equally diverse applicant pool for this position. NCSSM is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we are strongly committed to increasing faculty and staff diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you are an individual with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application and interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Description of Duties:
Help Desk Support
- Staff Tier I Help Desk location in Library
- Provide support as needed, both remotely and in-person
- Maintain comprehensive records and reporting in ticketing system
- Supervise students assisting at Help Desk
- Interface with vendors and administrative assistants for managing subscriptions, renewals, and ordering for Help Desk
- Provide imaging and device deployment
- Manage Windows and Mac inventories and management systems (Jamf Pro and Endpoint Central)
- Perform patching and preventative maintenance
- Perform remote and on-site software deployment
IT Monitoring and Security
- Provide real-time monitoring of network tools (VMware Edge Network Intelligence)
- Assist in monitoring, patching, and securing servers and applications
- Assist management and review of endpoint protection tools, including tracking and remediation
- Assist in account creation and maintenance in NCSSM’s Active Directory and Google Workspace environments
- Populate additional system databases, such as the Student Information System (SIS), Canvas, Office 365, Zoom, Rave, etc.
- Function as account liaison for the state’s BEACON system
- Provide IT support for classroom and conference room equipment, including hardware, software, and networking
- Support AV for remote meetings, and for applications used for those meetings, including Zoom and Google Meet
Google Workspace and Systems Support
Provide management, support, and training for Google Workspace accounts and apps
LMS and SIS Support
- Provide secondary support of LMS (Canvas) used by all school programs
- Provide account, sign-in, and troubleshooting support for SIS (Blackbaud Education Management)
- Provide emergency support as-needed
- Provide special event support (rare)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working in an academic environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Working knowledge of operating systems including Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, iOS, and Android
- Knowledge of deploying, managing, supporting, and securing enterprise-wise hardware and software
- Great troubleshooting and diagnostic skills supporting a wide range of IT issues
- Knowledge of cloud-based enterprise messaging and collaboration solutions, in particular Google Workspace and Zoom
- Prior experience with Microsoft technologies, such as Active Directory, Azure AD, Office 365, and both Windows and Windows Server administration
- Experience with supporting Apple technologies, including macOS and iOS
- Comfortable with deployment and support of technology and networking in classrooms, conference rooms, and ability to support remote meetings
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems (such as Canvas), including basic management and support
- Engaged in continuous learning and able to develop proactive solutions to issues
- Comfortable climbing a ladder unassisted and carrying 25 lbs of equipment
Minimum Education and Experience:
Graduation from a two-year technical college or from a four year college or university with a major in information technology or a related field and one year in a technology field related to the position’s role. Related information technology experience may be substituted year-for-year for the required education.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a technology or related field and 3 or more years of experience in a field related to the position’s role.
North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics (NCSSM) is a world-class public high school with statewide reach empowering academically talented students from diverse backgrounds from every corner of the state to design their own future. We offer residential high school programs in Durham and Morganton for juniors and seniors or virtual high school courses and programs that students can take alongside their local curriculum, all tuition free. Our wide array of summer offerings for rising 5th- through 12th-graders includes free opportunities for in-state students alongside paid options for students from anywhere in the world. NCSSM Extended Learning partners with communities and regions to advance student learning and outcomes.
Specializing in science, technology, engineering, and math, and embracing the fine arts and humanities, NCSSM has become the model for 18 such specialized schools around the globe since its founding in 1980 and is a full constituent of the University of North Carolina System. NCSSM’s Ignite + Transform comprehensive campaign seeks to raise $50 million in private support for our mission.
The new NCSSM-Morganton campus is opening in 2022 for summer programs and its first fall academic term and will focus on the booming fields of data science and artificial intelligence, preparing the leaders of tomorrow to navigate a future driven by data and machine learning, with emphasis on the humanistic implications and ethical use of these tools.
Nearly two-thirds of NCSSM graduates earn a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field -- over three times the national average, including 58 percent of our underrepresented minority graduates, which is nearly four times the national average. Nearly three-quarters have earned or are seeking a graduate degree. A 2020 economic impact study found that 54 percent of our alumni continue to live and work in North Carolina, catalyzing nearly $1.3 billion in annual economic activity. NCSSM embraces equity, diversity, and inclusion, and seeks to recruit employees who share these values.
How to Apply:
Submit electronic application via: http://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/. Please create an account, search for the IT Analyst, Morganton position vacancy, and submit the online application.
Please complete your application in full. All required Competencies, Work History, and Credentials must appear on the application in the Education and Work Experience sections of the application to receive consideration during the selection process. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the State Application form in its entirety. “See Attached Resume or an Embedded Text Resume” will be considered incomplete and will not be processed. Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Applicants seeking Veteran's Preference must attach a DD form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, along with the state application. Applicants seeking National Guard Preference must attach a NGB 23A (RPAS) if they are a current member of the NC National Guard in good standing. If applicants are a former member of the NC National Guard who served for at least six years and was discharged under honorable conditions, they must attach either a DD256 or NGB 22 along with their state application.
Final candidates are subject to criminal and sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require a motor vehicle check. If the highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. NCSSM participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Please refrain from submitting multiple applications. However, if multiple applications are submitted to a posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted. There is a 24 hour waiting period before an applicant can re-apply to a position.
If you have questions, please contact Eric Hunsley at firstname.lastname@example.org
NCSSM is an EEO/eVerify/VEVRAA Employer