McDowell County Health Coalition (MCHC) – Executive Director
SCOPE OF WORK: This position is responsible for providing executive leadership to the McDowell County Health Coalition. The Executive Director reports to the Chairperson of the Coalition Board of Directors and is formally employed and housed by the McDowell County Health Coalition. Job is intended to be a full-time exempt position (40 hours per week). Hours will usually be traditional business hours, but should be available for evening or weekend events as appropriate.
1. Works with the McDowell County Health Coalition Board of Directors and various community organizations to assist them in addressing health issues in the county. Primary focus areas include sustainability planning, fiscal management, executive administration, board development, and staff supervision (1-2 direct reports). Efforts include support of various community health interventions, reviewing community health data, seeking funding opportunities for project sustainability, and implementing fund development strategy in partnership with the Board of Directors.
2. Serves as a resource for community health initiatives; works with community partners to review community health outcomes, interprets and integrates data for organizational direction, program development, and fund development.
3. Provides assistance to Board of Directors of the McDowell County Health Coalition with communication, maintaining accurate records and identifying resources required to reach objectives.
4. Carries out operational and administrative tasks required to assure that the McDowell County Health Coalition complies with requirements of funding sources, locally adopted policies and procedures, and governmental entities.
5. Provides technical assistance to the McDowell County Health Coalition in the areas of marketing, public relations and grant writing/research when appropriate.
6. Network with community representatives on a regular basis to build rapport, connection, and awareness throughout the community.
1. 3-5 years of nonprofit management or equivalent experience
2. Associates degree required (bachelors or graduate level education preferred)
3. Grant writing/reporting, marketing and public relations experience
4. Preference given to applicants who reside in McDowell County, North Carolina
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the MCHC Executive Director. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position. Resume and cover letter can be directed to Mr. Ray McKesson, Chairman: firstname.lastname@example.org