Job Title: Welder
Classification: Non Exempt
Reports to: Supervisor
This position reports directly to the Supervisor and is responsible for the welding of metal parts using specified wire welding processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Uses MIG welder to assemble fabricated metal products in an efficient manner to maximize production.
- Operates the equipment in a safe manner and reports hazards associated with the equipment or its operators to the Safety Director and Maintenance Department.
- Produces strong penetrated welds that are smooth, non-porous, and consistent.
- Follows required procedures and uses appropriate jigs and fixtures to assist in the assembly process.
- Maintains/produces a level of output that will minimize production delays.
- Cleans and maintains an orderly work area.
- Communicates effectively with other workers to direct personal workflow.
- Assist other individuals in area when needed.
- Knowledge of the welding process and equipment.
- Ability to weld vertical, flat, and overhead welds with a good penetration and a quality appearance.
- Ability to operate a plasma cutter and acetylene torches.
- Good communications skills relative to supervisor and other related departments.
- Math skills including fractions and angles.
- Ability to read tape measures and angle finders.
- Ability to read blueprint drawings and cut list a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Physical ability to work and weld in awkward positions such as kneeling, lying down, and overhead may be required.