Job Title: Material Handler – Recycling
Reports to: Supervisor
- Safely operate and maintain equipment at the facility
- Process material in accordance with standard operating procedures specific to material (sorting, bailing, packaging, and grinding).
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment set forth by facility standard.
- Communicates defects and abnormalities to Supervisor.
- Accounts for tools and supplies designated to work station.
- Properly weigh, label, and inventory finished material.
- Assist other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of group tasks.
- Maintain a safe workspace to prevent injury to self or to others.
- Ensure quality control of feedstock and finished materials.
- Support the company initiatives as a representative of the company.
- Recognize problems and offer solutions to Supervisor.
Required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Standing extended times
- Lifting 15-25 lbs. routinely
- Bending over and reaching into boxes repetitively
- Pushing 15-25 lbs. of material while stationary
- Transporting 25 lbs. over short distances
- Lifting and rotating 15-25 lbs. frequently.
- Safety Vest worn while on the premises
- Eye and ear protection in certain designated locations
- Cut resistant gloves worn when using a utility knife