Available position requires the ability to work in a team-oriented environment, in addition to working injury free and following work place/plant safety practices and procedures.
Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
Applicants must be available to work rotating 12-hr shifts (including weekends and holidays).
Must be 18 years or older, high School education or GED required.
Pre-employment testing includes controlled substances, physical, background check.
Shifts rotate: 1st week is 36 hours, 2nd week will be 48 hours.
OT paid out after 40 each week.
Because we believe in our workforce we offer training, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive compensation package including:
MACHINE OPERATOR JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the safe production of extrusion profiles that meet or exceed company standards in quality and output levels in a timely manner. These standards enable us to provide a quality product/service to ensure our customer’s satisfaction.
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurances
- Paid Vacation prorated after 6 months/ Paid sick time after a year
- 401(k) & Pension Plan
- Yearly Profit sharing
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Tuition Reimbursement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Responsible for adhering to all Safety Policies & Procedures.
- Operate assigned extruders to produce profiles that meet established 3 tier quality standards.
- Responsible for the proper set-up and start-up of production in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for making process adjustments as required to established running and quality specifications.
- Responsible for the profile production during shift, ensuring that it meets or exceeds company established quality standards such as 3 – tier standards.
- Responsible for proper packaging and correct quantities as described in the stacking diagrams, whether the product is packaged in a Rack, Half-Rack, Box, Bundles or some other means.
- Responsible for entering dimensional and attribute checks into our internal BDE database throughout the shift at the required intervals on time every time. This includes the use of calipers, scales, tape measure and other tools.
- Responsible for properly preparing the QA samples on time every time.
- Responsible for the proper disposition of scrap profile in designated racks (evenly stacked, properly segregated)
- Responsible for notifying the Lead Tech of the correct number of scrap pcs that they made during the shift for each profile that they worked on.
- Responsible for transferring a complete packaging unit of material including the correct barcode and green tag labels.
- Responsible for verifying that the profile meets or exceeds the customer expectations.
- Responsible for properly informing the Plant Lead Technician of any problems that may affect profile quality, safety or extruder operation throughout the entire shift. If no Lead Tech, then inform the Superintendent on duty.
- Responsible for properly documenting and displaying all processing parameters and verifying that nothing has changed on all production lines, such as Melt Pressure, Temperature, Actual Vent, Barrel & Die zones, etc.
- Responsible for the overall housekeeping of the assigned lines while on shift and assisting the Lead Tech and/or Superintendent when asked throughout the shift for any part of the plant.
- Responsible for the return tooling & accessories to proper location in good operational condition. All non- operational equipment must be brought to the attention of the Lead Tech.
- Assist Material Handler in banding and sealing racks when needed.
- Assist in the Quick-Change process.
- All other duties as assigned by Plant Lead Tech, Superintendent and/or Management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: GED or High School Education
- Ability to perform all packer duties; use good judgment; communicate accurately & effectively both by oral & written means; courage to act; ability to work under pressure; drive & initiative; be flexible; provide accurate information all the time; timeliness; and demonstrate mechanical ability.